Saturday, February 13, 2010

Splurge Day

Last year I wrote about a college buddy losing 100lbs HERE. Amazing. One of his rules is that he gives himself a one-day-a-week "splurge day," which means that one day a week, he eats whatever he wants to without worrying about calories.

Also, a few days ago outta the blue Brothatime!! suggested I do the same thing, so I take these two things as a sign that it's a good thing to do. Knowing I have that one day coming up will hopefully stop me from any panicky meltdown calls to Kam Sing or Dominos. That day from here on will be Saturday. And I'm making it a rule that I can't do the ol' "well, I just ate an entire pizza, so I'll make today this week's Splurge Day even though its only Monday." If I do feel the need to change it, like for instance there's some big event on Sunday, or Big Bear's birthday is on a Friday or whatever, then I need to do it in advance.

Now, I am not giving myself license just yet to go crazy just so I can. For instance, today I decreed that I can only eat whatever I've already bought - no restaurants, no delivery. So I ate a bowl of Cheerios. Granted, it was such a big bowl I almost didn't finish it, but still. I haven't felt the need to eat anything else just for eating's sake, so hopefully these past few months really HAVE changed some of my habits.

Splurge Day will not count towards any wins/losses.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Everybody loves a splurger!